WELCOME TO FOX RESORT & CAMPGROUND on FOX CARLTON POND
WELCOME TO FOX RESORT & CAMPGROUND on FOX CARLTON POND
The following rules are intended to provide an enjoyable outdoor experience for you and your neighbors. Parents are expected to inform their children of these rules and are responsible for their supervision. Violators of these rules will be asked to leave the premises without a refund.
1. REGISTRATION: All campers, visitors, guests and pets must immediately register at the office upon arrival and/or prior to entering the grounds, per Maine State Law. All fees must be paid in advance. Registered campers are responsible for ensuring their visitors, guests have properly registered in the office, and that all campground rules and regulations are followed. You must have at least one person in your party that is age 21 or older.
2. SPEED LIMIT: 7 MPH! WATCH FOR CHILDREN AS YOU DRIVE THROUGH THE AREA.
3. CHILDREN: Parents are responsible for the actions and safety of their children. No rock throwing anywhere on premises. No bicycling after dusk on any campground road. Children are to be at their site by 8:30PM and not to be left unsupervised.
4. RENTAL UNIT CHECK-IN TIME: 3:00PM / CHECK-OUT TIME: 11:00AM - Please note we do not smoking in any of our rental units.
5. CAMPSITE CHECK-IN TIME 1:30PM / CHECK-OUT TIME: 11:30AM
6. RESTRICTED DOG LIST: The following dogs are not allowed on premises. Rottweiler, Pit Bull, Doberman, Boxer, Mastoff or any mix thereof.
7. PETS: Fee: $40 per stay, per pet or $60 for 2 pets. We understand your pet is part of your family. We welcome your pet as long as the following policies are followed. If you do not comply with all policies, we will be force to ask you to leave immediately without a refund.
Pets must be well socialized with other pets & people. If your pet is not, you must leave them at home.
Your pet must be registered before arrival. - For the safety of our guests, pets should be leashed.
Pet litter must be cleaned up immediately and disposed of properly.
We do not permit the following breeds that our insurance company has identified as having aggressive behaviors: Pit Bulls, Rottweiler, Doberman and Mastiff or any mix thereof.
Pets are not allowed with visitors of guests.
Pets will not be allowed to disturb your neighbors in any manner.
Good behavior is required. Dogs of any breed that are hostile or aggressive will be asked to leave the campground, immediately without a refund. Constant barking bothers other campers. If your pet is too vocal, you’ll need to find other accommodations.
8. CAMPFIRES: There are no campfires allowed except for the common area fire pits. Flame must be kept under 2 ft. high. Wood must fit within the fire ring.
DO NOT MOVE FIREPLACES: Never leave a fire unattended not even a few minutes. Also, it has been our experience that glass and metal do not burn, so please do not put them in the fireplaces. Please do not peel the bark from Birch trees. It will kill them.
9. FIREWOOD/TREES: Firewood is sold at the office. No cutting of trees/firewood is allowed in the campground or adjoining properties. Please do not drive nails into, or disfigure trees. Additionally, please do not tie clotheslines to trees or shrubs. Firewood is no longer permitted to be brought in to the state of Maine, per Maine state law, and must be purchased within 50 miles of location to be used. For further information, go to www.maine.gov/firewood.
10. SINK (GREY) WATER: The discharge of grey water into the environment has been found to be a significant risk to public health. Grey water can have a population of bacteria approaching or exceeding the populations of black water. Health Department regulations do not permit draining sink water on the ground or into open containers.
11. BOATING: Please review Complete Canoe/ Boating information at Canoe/Boating Information here
12. GARBAGE: Please bag your garbage and use the can nearest to your site. Only household generated garbage should placed in the cans. Broken furniture, grills, rugs, etc. are not considered household trash and should be taken with you. This is our home and we take pride in the cleanliness of our area. Please do not litter. This includes cigarette butts and cigars.
13. SWIMMING AREA: The swimming area closes at dusk. No diving in swimming area. No glass containers allowed in swimming area. No rock throwing. Swimming is at your own risk, and children 14 years old and under must be accompanied by a parent.
14. CAMPING VEHICLES: Always use septic chemicals in your toilets and holding tanks. Never dump directly onto the ground. Washing automobiles, ATV’s, motorcycles, or camping vehicles is forbidden on site. NEVER PUT ANY KIND OF WIPES, FEMININE PRODUCTS, PAPER TOWELS INTO YOUR HOLDING TANK.
15. QUIET HOURS: are from 9:00PM to 8:00AM. During the day, noise must not overflow into other campsites. If you plan on a late night party please do not register.
16. RADIOS/TV’S: or VCR’s are allowed but must be inside an RV or Cabin.
17. PICNIC TABLES & GRILLS: May be provided and must not be moved.
18. DISCHARGE OF FIREARMS, FIREWORKS OR SPARKLERS IS PROHIBITED. EXCEPT IN DESIGNATED AREAS.
19. DRUGS, PUBLIC INTOXICATION, LOUD OR PROFANE LANGUAGE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANY INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP WILL BE ESCORTED FROM PREMISES BY OWNERS, OR FRANKLIN COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT.
20. Please respect the privacy of others. Do not walk through any occupied site.
21. CAMPING EQUIPMENT: We allow no more than two camping units per site. You may have an RV and tent on a site, a pop-up and a tent, or two tents maximum per site.
22. Campground owners are not responsible for loss, damage or injury to persons or property. Guests also certify that all motorized vehicles, including but not limited to ATVs, golf carts, motorcycles, cars, trucks, RV’s are properly insured.
24. ORDINANCES AND STATUES: Guests shall comply with all statutes, ordinances and requirements of all municipal, state and federal authorities now in force or which may hereafter be in force, pertaining to the premises, occasioned by or affecting the use thereof by Campground Owners.
25. RIGHT TO TERMINATE: The campground owners have full authority to remove anyone from our property.
26. VISITOR FEE: There is a $5.00 daily visitor fee for all persons over the age of 3. If a visitor would like to fish in our pond for an additional $15 fishing fee.
Fox Carlton Pond is a fly fishing catch and release pond only.
ATM: For your convenience, an ATM is located at Edmond’s Market and is available during business hours.
The Wash House has bathrooms & warm showers plus an outside kitchen sink for residents to wash dishes. Do not wash dishes at spigots.
We have flush toilets in our Wash House.
There are no washers/dryers, however, there is a Laundromat in Strong 12 miles away.
Rubbish – please bring all properly bagged trash to lodge area and place in one of the labeled trash receptacles. Please place REDEEMABLE, RECYCLABLE cans and bottles in the barrel located in the campground area.
Campsites have a picnic table, camping area and parking space for one vehicle. We ask that you set up within the dimensions of the site shown on your confirmation.
Two On site dumping stations
WIFI- FREE - 200 MPS
On Site: Pickle ball, basketball, horseshoes, ring toss, cornhole, badminton, volley ball, nature walks, canoes, kayaks, Pontoon Paddle boat, swimming, Fly fishing, bird watching, general fishing in the Sandy River. “Fox Event Center” - Hosting weddings, reunions, parties, outings and special events.
ATV’s - Direct Access to ATV trails
Hiking: Direct Access to Fly Rod Crosby Trail.
Daggett Rock, Small Falls, Angel Falls, Tumbledown Mtn. Mt. Blue, and the Appalachian Trail are all nearby.
Fly Fishing Pond: On site 5 acre trout pond.
Fly-fishing only, catch and release. Direct access to Sandy River. Beal Pond - FF only, Mt. Blue Pond and Rapid Stream are nearby. No license required for our guests to fish Fox Carlton Pond. A license is required to fish all other waters. A fishing license may be obtained on-line through maine.gov.
SWIMMING – in our pond or on the Sandy River. There are no lifeguards: swim at your own risk. There are other nearby swimming holes on the Sandy River.
MT. BIKING: Nearby
PADDLING- Bring you own canoe and kayaks or use ours. Sorry, we do not allow outboard motors on our pond.
PHILLIPS OLD HOME DAYS CELEBRATION: Third week in August - Hosted by The Phillips Chamber of Commerce
RAILROAD- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad, in Phillips offering steam engine powered passenger rides to the public on recreated two foot gauge track. Check operating schedule at www.srrl-rr.org
ANTIQUES- Phillips Dealers include: Debron Antiques, Jim & Emma’s Pickers’ Paradise, The Little White Church and Stove Top Country Store
MUSEUM & HISTORICAL SITE- Phillips Historical Society & Home of Fly Rod Crosby
PHILLIPS AREA COMMUNITY CENTER- Hosts music shows, other events. www.phillipspacc.org
THE ABOVE RULES WERE COMPILED FOR EVERYONE. PLEASE FOLLOW THEM AND HAVE AN ENJOYABLE STAY. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!